We also provide opportunity for students of various psychology courses- degrees/diplomas; to do their internships/ trainings with us. As an intern/trainee you will be able to handle cases as well as witness certain counseling sessions where you can get to know the treatments/ therapies being performed. You will take part in the counseling and treatment of patients and you will get an understanding as to how various different cases should be handled.
• Internships provide work experience opportunities to university students, recent graduates and people considering career changes. It provides the opportunity to gain hands on work experience that you just can’t get in the classroom.
• An internship can be seen as the pinnacle of your education and give you the chance to use the skills you've learned in the classroom in a real-world setting.
• Getting experience is a great way to build your confidence. What's more, if you have an impressive resume, you will be more confident in your chances of securing a job. After you’ve done an internship, if an interviewer asks if you know how to do something you can say “absolutely" and supplement your assertion with examples. If you decide to set up your own clinic, you can face clients more confidently.
• Employers are usually more concerned with your work experience than your qualifications and internships are often the only way to get the work experience you need to secure a job, so they're a vital part of your resume. Many employers prefer or require applicants who have done an internship or relevant work experience and in many of the more competitive job markets it is essential to set you apart from the others.
• Internships are a great way to meet people in your field. An internship allows you to meet people who might help you land a job later on and give you the contacts in the industry you’re trying to break into.
• If you’re not sure if this is the right career for you, doing an internship is a great way to try it out. Internships are generally short-term, so you can test your future career without committing and find out if it is a career that will satisfy you.